What is Integrated pest management
COLUMBUS, GA. — Integrated pest management (IPM) is an ecosystem-based strategy that focuses on long-term prevention of pests or their damage through a combination of techniques such as biological control, habitat manipulation, modification of cultural practices, and use of resistant varieties.
No Job too big or too small
Our pest control experience and training runs deep. Pests destroy homes, buildings and their contents; termites alone cause over $5 billion in damage annually. Homeowners spend around 2 billion dollars treating termites each year.
The Importance of Pest Management
- Pests can transmit disease-causing organisms including West Nile Virus, Lyme Disease, malaria, plague, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, hantavirus, and encephalitis.
- Insect stings force half-a-million people to the emergency room every year.
- Rodents consume or contaminate about 20 percent of the world’s food supply. They carry fleas and ticks that potentially carry diseases. Rodents have also been implicated in fires across the country by chewing wires and spilling flammables.
- Pest control is needed by residential, commercial and industrial clients.
No Job Too Big or Too Small
At GW Exterminators INC. we want to be considered for every job, No job is too big, or too small. Most people tend to think of pest management in terms of residential problems (ants, rodents, cockroaches, termites, fleas, etc.). The importance of the industry to the nation as a whole is much broader including food and health protection.
Did You Know
Public health officials attribute the quality of life we have today to three things: better pharmaceuticals and vaccines, better sanitation and better pest control.
- Let GW Exterminators take care of your rat problems.
- According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, more than two million Americans are allergic to stinging insects, more than 500,000 enter hospital emergency rooms every year suffering from insect stings, and between 40-150 people a year dies as a result of these stings. We look for stinging insect nests on every visit.
- Without pest management practices, pests could destroy more than 50 percent of our food crops. Only 11 percent of the average U.S. disposable income is spent on food compared to 19.9 percent in Japan and 52.6 percent in China. GW can take care of pests in Restaurants, your home, and the food-related industry.